- Written by Pastor Robert Flohrs
Welcome! This worship guide outlines what to expect if you come to worship with us on a Sunday morning. If you arrive in time for Sunday School, youth Bible study, or adult Bible study, feel free to join the appropriate group.
Most of our worship services have traditional, liturgical elements to them. We do have a praise band that leads a more contemporary worship service occasionally throughout the year.
- Upon entering the church doors, you'll be greeted by an usher who will hand you a bulletin, outlining the worship order for the day. Feel free to find a seat anywhere in the Sanctuary that looks comfortable.
- We use one of two hymnals for worship, your bulletin should inform you which one and they will be located under the chair in front of you.
Feel free to chat with neighbors or pray silently until the worship service begins.
- A worship service at Trinity generally involves the following elements.
- Invocation - We call on God to be present in our worship.
- Confession and Forgiveness - We bring our sins to God and ask for forgiveness.
- Hymns and songs - We praise our merciful God through music.
- Three Bible readings
- A sermon - The pastor preaches on the previous Bible readings.
- The Apostles' or Nicene Creed - We confess our Christian faith, what we believe.
- Prayers - We thank God for His blessings and ask Him to help us with any struggles which weigh on our hearts.
Prayer requests may be written on the pink sheets in your bulletin, which are collected during the service.
- Offering - We take the opportunity to give back the blessings we've received from our generous God.
- Holy Communion - We celebrate Communion three Sundays a month. We believe that in communion we receive the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in, with, and under the bread and wine, given and shed for us, for the forgiveness of our sins, life, and salvation.
- Announcements - Members may make announcements about upcoming events and programs open to the Trinity community.
- Benediction - The pastor blesses the congregation before they depart.
- Coffee Hour
After worship, all members, guests and visitors are invited into the Z-room (through the door on the West Sanctuary wall) for coffee, tea, snacks, and conversation.
- Child Care
During the worship service, we offer child care for children four years old and younger. The nursery is located upstairs, in the Gemeindehaus (the building adjacent to the Sanctuary).
- Kids Church
Two Sundays a month, children ages 4 to 12 are invited to join Kids Church, a kid-friendly worship setting. They are dismissed partway through the worship service and finish the same time as the normal worship.